Prologue

Bridgeport, 1812
“cum alica ad hoc sepulcrum imponit i,”
The tomb was plunged in darkness.
ubi erit aeterno carcere”
A bone-chilling cold crept in. The walls shook violently as the chanting grew louder and more ardent.

“cum alica ad hoc sepulcrum imponit i,”
The torches burst into flames. Rogue flares escaped to the tomb floor, encircling the weathered coffin.
ubi erit aeterno carcere”
She was drunk on the power of a hundred witches.
A shrill cry reverberated off the stone walls...
Then died with the flames.

“It is done.”
Ileana stood to the side and watched him survey the tomb, looking for any fault in her work.
“My spells never fail.”
She watched some more, her green eyes fixed grudgingly on him as he tried to pry the coffin open. It wouldn’t budge.
“One thousand pounds-”
“I don’t need your money. When the time comes I will collect for this favour.” She turned on her heal and left. 

With the spell cast, he would lie there for centuries...
‘til the day someone would reawaken him. 

________

Note: I'm no Latin expert; so any errors in the grammar are those of Google Translate (^.^)

11 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhh, I'm in love!
    Who's the last guy????(I'm a sucker for long-haired men, Vampires Especially!!!!!)

    Can I wake him?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he bites you Jem! :P

    This was great Acid! I can't wait to read more of this. Ileana seems like a powerful witch and she has attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the prologue and you have JM swooning already! LOL That is a very great sign!

    This is an awesome start! I wonder if he'll be awakened sooner than they want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ~ This is a great start,& I want to know more,so give us more when you can!LOL(",)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing! Love the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you just tossed the reader into the action. I smell revenge in this one. Nice sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. To everyone: Thank you for the positive feedback!

    @ JM: That would be our male lead and main antagonist. Glad you like him but he's not the kind of vampire you'd want to cross paths with. ;)

    @Daijahv: In time, Ileana will play a very important role... But before we get to that part I have to get all the introductions out of the way. Stay tuned!

    @Qui: If he is awakened... ;)

    @Karima: Chapter one is out already, but it's not as interesting.

    @Aeon: The guys' costumes come with the games - Using the cheat UnlockOutfits and Barnacle Bay. Ileana's dress can be found on TSR.

    @Zhippidy: Revenge & lots of blood...After all, what can be expected of a vampire forcibly locked away in a tomb for decades? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good! I wonder what the favor will be!
    I love your special effects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the beginning, it's very intriguing. I like the witch too, she has so much sass.

    ReplyDelete